Under the Lahore Development Authority Private Housing Scheme Rules, 2014; the owner of the plot files an application along with the prescribed fee. The Authority shall entertain an application for sub-division of residential plot subject to following requirements:
- The plot is not less than 1 Kanal, including chamfer area, if required;
- The plot of 1 Kanal but less than 2 Kanal is sub-divided into 2 plots of not less than 10 Marla each;
- The plot of 2 Kanal and above is sub-divided into plots of 1 Kanal or above;
- In a farm housing scheme, a sub-divided plot is not less than 4 Kanal;
- If a sub-divided plot is not abutting a road, a 16 feet wide access road is provided within the original plot;
- If more than one sub-divided plots are not abutting a road, a 20 feet wide access road is provided within the original plot; and
- Chamfer area shall be considered part of original plot and the resultant plots.
If the Authority is satisfied that the application fulfills the requirements, the ownership of the plot has been established and the prescribed sub-division fee has been deposited, then it may approve the sub-division. If the application is not fulfilling the requirements; LDA (the Authority) will not entertain the application. The applicant will be informed regarding the objections raised by the Authority within 7 days.